Cheap Ways to
Save on Printer Ink
Getting the Best
How to Buy Printer
Ink & Toner Cartridges
Tips on Cheap
Getting Cheap Printer Ink
Replacing Your Printer Ink Cartridges, High Capacity/Standard
Its an easy task to replace your spent printer
ink receptacles. Whle keeping in mind, that it's usually best not
to wait until the resevoirs of certain cartridges run completely
dry (they can clog) After you have identified which cartridge is
in need of replacing, the colors, black, or both, and you've secured
replacements of high capacity or standard capacity:
- Optional - clear you print cue if you've gotten errors.
- It's usually a good idea to power off your unit before accessing
inside the printer. note: on certain models, the carriage the
lid must be raised to center the cartridges into position.
- Raise the lid on the inkjet. If you have a all-in-one, take extra
care since lifting and raising can affect the internal controls and
circuitry (jarring is a potential on closure)
- Find the target cartridge within the carriage containing it. Some
older models will have a flip level atop the cartridge. If so, flip
upward to unsecure the cartridge.
- Remove the cartridge. If there is a drop center around your local
area, depositing it would be the environmentally conscious thing to
do. Or have it refilled.
- Unseal the protective wrap around the cartridge, remove
the clip guard if one exists, and, the small clear tape stuck over
the contact area. (not the permanent seal found on individual tanks
-- these normally get punctured on install)
- Press in the new cartridge, dropping the container in gently, tilting
- Gently return the cover of your printer. Normally, your printer
will then course through a test page to show you how all is working.