Cheap Ways to
Save on Printer Ink
Getting the Best
How to Buy Printer
Ink & Toner Cartridges
Replacing Printer Cartridges
Getting Cheap Printer Ink
Cheap Color Inkjet Printers - Tips
With the plummeting costs of inkjets, comes question of quality. In fact,
who really even knows the companies behind making the printers
the brand names are stamped on? Here are a few things to look for:
- Copying - for all-in-one's, does the printer offer stand alone printing?
What is the quality/resolution of of the printouts? Color copying
at a print shop can run .75 to $1.00 per page at many outlets.
- Photo Printing - though you can enjoy cheap printing, the main advantage
is one of convenience. Photo quality paper can be had down to .12
per sheet for 8 1/2" x 11" even for glossy. But prices swing
widely for paper depending on your preferences.
- Scanners and Fax Managing Capabilities - here is where you can
save bundles overs sending through a private fax service, who
often chargees $1.50 to
sending and receiving. You'll need and all-in-one machine for this
and make sure yours is adatapable to interface with a single data
- Tray Feed - for printing envelopes. And a width-adjustable feed for printing
photos, if it is so equiped to handle. Eariler models have shown
problems with gravity (rear) feed types and the bottom feed is the
safer bet. Know how your prospective printer deals with paper handling,
mainly with the all-in-one machines.
- Become familiar with the cost of replacement cartridges, which will
hugely surpass any price savings from buying printers
at promotional events.
- Extended replacement warranties - many dealers aware of
the running problems connected with today's inkjets, offer reasaonably
priced warranties that are available up to three year periods, such
as at Office Max and Microcenter. Rather than fix unit, there's a
decent chance it would be exchanged for another, or less likely,
There are the other details, like ports and connections for memory
card devices, download sticks and what have you.